SIZE Do NOT MATTER. RESULTS DO!
- Served as the spokesperson for: The City of Detroit (Mich.), Mackinac Island, Mich. and The Ann Arbor Art Fair.
- Developed and implemented communications strategies and plans to support The District Detroit, a 55 block, mixed-use development anchored by a new hockey arena for The Detroit Red Wings, and an expand corporate campus for Ilitch Holdings.
- Served as spokesperson for an 1800 MW off shore wind farm proposal in Southwest Ontario and led their public engagement meetings in the province.
- Represented the University of Windsor (ONT) and City of Windsor (ONT) in enhancing cross-border relationships.
- Led a bi-national effort to develop a better understanding of the storage of petroleum coke along the US-Canada border, garnering national media attention in both countries.
- Minimized any damage to the University of Toledo's reputation after a nurse accidently disposed of a kidney during an active transplant surgery.
- Protected the reputation of the VFW National Home for Children, after a government investigation uncovered an unfortunate pattern of actions by one of their employees that eventually led to their arrest.
- Assisted an elected official through government investigations.
- Represented the Detroit Wayne County Port Authority during an investigation by the US Department of Homeland security into an employee's background.
- Successfully counseled a publicly traded medical device company through an FDA advisory committee hearing that included media training.
- Successfully reduced sanctions for Sigma Delta Tau after their rush was revoked for participating in a winter break activity.
- Provided strategic counsel to an art gallery and cruise ship art auction company, who was the target of an Inside Edition story.
- Created a public relations strategy for Guardian Industries, a global leader in glass manufacturing, and secured media placements in influential trade publications.
- Created national public relations strategy for Cassidy Turley, a commercial real estate service firm.
- Developed a national PR strategy for Vistage International, positioning their CEO as a national thought leader on small business issues, through the release of a quarterly CEO index, leading to consistent coverage in The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, CNBC, TheStreet.com and The New York Times.
- Secured local and national media attention for Detroit Denim, including spots on CNBC, which led to a segment on CNBC's "The Profit".
- Garnered national media attention for The Ann Arbor Art Fair, one of the largest art fairs in North America, along with a number of other art fairs.
- Secured non-traditional national media for Marco Andretti, the 2006 Indy Racing League Rookie of the Year, in publications such as: The New York Times, Brandweek, Teenmag.com and Seventeen in an effort to secure new sponsors.
- Secured pre and post national media exposure for The New York Times Salute Our Heroes career fair and job expo, in Chicago, with national and local news outlets, including: The Associated Press, Chicago Tribune, Paul Harvey, the Voice of America and others.
- Successfully secured national and local media attention for JARC for building the nation’s first-known green and barrier free home in the: Detroit News, Detroit Free Press, Associated Press, Chicago Tribune, EcoHome Magazine, WDIV NBC (Detroit), and USA Today.
GOVERNMENT RELATIONS + PUBLIC AFFAIRS
- Served as the attorney and spokesman for Mackinac Island, Mich., during a dispute with the ferry operators serving the Island, and created a media relations plan to support the litigation team before the courts and Public Service Commission.
- Secured language in the FY08 Defense Authorization bill (H.R. 1585, House Rpt. 110-471) prohibiting the Department of Dense from not only selling F-14 parts, but also "any tolling or dies used in the manufacture of such aircraft or parts."
- Secured federal funding for the Detroit Windsor Tunnel to expand its footprint, and worked to exclude the Tunnel from state legislation, creating a new border authority in Michigan.
- Coordinated a regional border initiative, resulting in 145 additional customs and immigration agents, and the deployment of the Michigan National Guard, at the Michigan/Ontario border.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY + TRADE SHOW PR
- Managed press operations and secured event coverage for Sustainable Brands and Independent Sector.
PUBLIC POLICY DISPUTE RESOLUTION + FACILITATION
- Facilitated an urban transit strategy, involving locally elected officials, that was overwhelmingly approved by voters, after a county-wide initiative failed a few years earlier.
- Lead convener of the MI Behavioral Health & Wellness Collaborative, a group of 18 community mental health providers focused on strengthening their position and profile in the State of Michigan.