Sustainable Brands® will host the Sustainable Brands Innovation Open (SBIO) Tuesday, June 5, 2018, at the Vancouver Convention Center, featuring 11 start-up companies from across North America, that are making a significant environmental, social and economic impact within the business world.
The SBIO fosters collaboration between early state eco-entrepreneurs and influential executives. This event will feature the final “pitch-off” before judges from Target, Nestle and Arizona State University make their final selection as to who has the best business plan.
Entrepreneurs pursuing cutting-edge social and environmental initiatives are invited to join the SBIO semi-finalists and other disruptors in the Activation Hub at SB’18 Vancouver. Community passes providing full access to the Activation Hub, Opening Night Ceremony, and Opening Night Reception can be purchased online at www.SB18Vancouver.com.
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
12:15 p.m. PCT
The Vancouver Convention Centre, 1055 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C 0C3, Canada (In Sustainable Brands Activation Hub)
Register for media credentials here.
Remote interviews with the finalists and others can be arranged by remote.
The 2018 SBIO semi-finalists include:
- Aquam Technologies LLC - provides technologies for distributed wastewater treatment that can eliminate primary sludge, recover energy as direct electricity, and enable onsite water reuse at low operational costs.
- good natured Products Inc. - develops, manufactures and distributes over 100 plant-based food packaging designs, 10 grades of bioplastic rollstock sheets and 30 home & business organizational products.
- UBQ Materials - converts waste into bio-based materials as sustainable feedstocks for manufacturing commercial products.
- Fixup - repairs household items of all kinds in one convenient place to reduce waste while benefiting the local community.
- Renewlogy - chemically recycles mixed, contaminated, landfill-bound plastics back to their basic molecular structure in order to make industrial waxes, fuels chemicals, and new plastics.
- ECOLOO Group - provides an eco-friendly, odorless, waterless, sewage free, energy free, maintenance free, decentralized biological toilet system.
- Just Vertical - provides vertical hydroponic growing systems that fit beautifully into living spaces and grow an abundance of affordable food.
- Bubble Net - eliminates 1/3 of the concrete needed to build high-rise condo buildings, drastically reducing CO2 production, globally.
- HealRWorld - Leverages a unique database of private companies dedicated to ES&G to power products and services for governments, businesses, and socially conscious consumers.
- Carbon Analytics - automates carbon accounting for companies, enabling them to quickly and easily obtain their carbon footprint, get certified for measuring, and find ways to reduce their impact.
- Cocoa - transforms organic waste into high-quality humus compost, to reduce landfill waste, air, soil and water pollution while increasing crop yields and farmer profits.
Videos of Startups
11 Startups Redesigning Business: Meet the 2018 SBIO Semi-Finalists, Sustainable Brands
About Sustainable Brands
Sustainable Brands® is the premier global community of brand innovators who are shaping the future of commerce worldwide. Since 2006, our mission has been to inspire, engage and equip today’s business and brand leaders to prosper for the near and long term by leading the way to a better future. Digitally published news articles and issues-focused conversation topics, internationally known conferences and regional events, a robust e-learning library and peer-to-peer membership groups all facilitate community learning and engagement throughout the year. Sustainable Brands is a division of Sustainable Life Media, headquartered in San Francisco, CA.