For every message, you should develop at least two of each type of support, which will allow you to articulate the main themes of your messages in every answer without ever sounding repetitive.
Compelling stories typically have five components:
- Introduction: Set the stage for the story by providing an appropriate introduction. This is often a good time to tie the story into the business topic to which it relates.
- Main characters: People often relate to stories because they are able to relate to the individuals in them.
- Structure: All stories should have a sequence of events -- A beginning, middle and end.
- Key facts: In order to resonate, stories should have key facts that can be easily absorbed by the audience.
- Purpose: Every story needs to have a purpose. So make sure you tell us what that purpose is.