The National Labor Relations Board (#NLRB) has recently declared, through a series of rulings, advisories and memos, that employers cannot fire their employees for what they post on line. However, here are a five tips for workers to think about in posting on line:
- We are watching you. Your employer and other co-workers are most likely following you on line, so they know what you are saying about them.
- Don’t post anything that you would not want someone to find, whether it is your children, your parents or a future employer.
- Before you turn to social media to complain or vent, try to step back before reacting.
- If you go negative at least be constructive.
- If you have something to say, say it, but don’t dwell on it.